Sworn translations of passports are a type of translation that is very necessary to identify a person in the official language of the body or institution to which the documentation is to be submitted.
A passport is a personal and non-transferable public document issued by your country to prove the identity and nationality of each citizen. This document allows you, depending on the issuing country, to travel to certain states without the need for other credentials.
The Spanish passport is one of the most powerful passports in the world, along with 4 other countries, as it allows you to enter 160 countries simply by having it in effect. There are five types of Spanish passports:
- Standard passport. This is the normal passport for Spanish nationals.
- Collective passport. This is a passport issued for a group trip limited to a single journey.
- Diplomatic passport. This is the special passport for senior diplomatic or consular officials.
- Official and service passport. This is the passport used by civil servants, representatives or individuals who leave Spain on secondment.
When is a sworn translation of a passport required?
A sworn translation of a passport is necessary for various bureaucratic formalities, whether it is a foreign passport or a Spanish passport:
The presentation of a sworn translation of a foreign passport is required for:
- Applying for a visa
- Applying for a residence permit
- Applying for a work permit
- Starting a business
- Registering a marriage celebrated abroad
- Filing tax returns
A sworn translation of a Spanish passport is required to carry out various procedures abroad, such as:
- Adoption procedures
- Applying for a visa
- Taking out private health insurance
- Buying a house
- Making investments
- Registering a marriage celebrated in Spain
- Legalising a divorce processed in Spain
These sworn translations must be translated by translators appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs to guarantee their veracity and legality before any official body.
These must include the stamp and signature of the sworn translator appointedby the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They are therefore legally responsible for the accuracy of the content of the translation in relation to the original document.
SPECIAL PROMOTION – SWORN TRANSLATION OF A PASSPORT FOR ONLY €16 FOR NEW CUSTOMERS
How much does a sworn translation of a passport cost and how long does it take?
A sworn translation of a passport is quick, so from the date of confirmation it takes approximately 48 business hours. We also deliver nationally and internationally, so you will be able to receive the document at your own address, applying the corresponding fee according to the destination requested.
At Clinter we have a special promotion for this document provided that they are issued by Spanish institutions for the following languages:
- Sworn translation of a Passport into English for only €16
- Sworn translation of a Passport into French for only €16
- Sworn translation of a Passport into Italian for only €16
How can I order a Sworn Translation of a passport?
It is important that the scanned document has a high resolution and is legible as it contains relevant information written in a very small size, as well as containing elements that are not easily discernible.
Our management team will receive your request and will get back to you as soon as possible. Once the quote is agreed we will get to work and have your sworn translation signed and stamped by a sworn translator certified by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You can come and collect your translation at our offices, or to we can send it to you by email.